(in chronological order)
1. On the train to work, there were about 20 kindergartners loudly chatting about their field trip. I was not thrilled by the noise until one little girl began singing “Jingle Bells” with completely (and unintentionally) wrong lyrics. “On the farm it is to ride in a one horse hope and sleigh…” Wrote that one down in the Moleskine.
2. I found out that a friend had also been dumped less than two weeks after her father’s death, so we had a big empathy fest.
3. Sparkle Vamp is awkward. (Don’t judge me.)
4. When I got off the train tonight, an inbound train was stopped to let someone alight, so I had to wait to cross the tracks. A toddler was looking at me through the window of the train, so I gave him an exaggerated look of delighted surprise. He grinned back so hard that his eyes practically disappeared. As the train took off, we waved to each other. I smiled my way home.
5. Graham made a video in which he visits JC’s studio. They are ridiculous and funny.